Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Split Pod Ring

In among all the questions and doubts, the dust and debris I managed somehow to make this ring. After the final polish I held it my hands and knew it was good.  It has an easy elegance to it. It makes a statement without shouting. It has a quality of 'quietetude' about it.


Split Pod Ring, June 2014, Cari-Jane Hakes
Elsewhere, I've been busy making my own Etsy TV advert!  Well, not really.  The dynamic team over in the UK Etsy office were busy last month filming somewhere in London.  They got together a team of UK based Etsy sellers (my good friend and fellow jeweller Alexandra was featured, you can visit her Etsy shop here) and created this:


I've been accepted for my first trade show (BCTF British Craft Trade Fair) which is in April 2015. In anticipation, I've begun to create my own website which you can have a look at here should you be so inclined http://www.carijanehakes.com/.

I'll leave you with one final image of the Split Pod ring before I depart to consider some very important private commissions - work in progress photographs to follow!

Split Pod ring detail, June 2014, Cari-Jane Hakes
À bientôt mes amis!

2 comments:

  1. lovely ring. awesome of the trade fair. you'll knock it out of the park! the site looks great. it's way past time for me to bite that bullet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...