Monday, April 7, 2014

Etsy Metal 3xR Challenge 2014 weeks 10 and 11

It feels good to be back on the 3xR Challenge wagon.  I missed a few weeks in March due a deluge of Mother's Day necklaces for which I am extremely grateful.  My hands have recovered from various saw blade and drill wounds and I'm back to full speed ahead on this challenge.  I'm a bit of a 'completer/finisher' so once I start something I really like to see it through to the bitter end, no matter what!

I'm really pleased with these earrings and the necklace design.  They have a lovely lightness and delicate movement to them.  They follow on from my current revisiting of land artist, Richard Long's work.

Textured Petal Earrings, Cari-Jane Hakes, April 2014
Textured Petal Earrings, Cari-Jane Hakes, April 2014
Oh, and I made a necklace to match.  Just so you know.

Textured Petal Necklace, Cari-Jane Hakes, April 2014
Textured Petal Necklace, Cari-Jane Hakes, April 2014
Availible in my Etsy shop here.

3 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! I love the randomness of the lines all over each little petal. How did you make them?

    I hope you are doing well, and that your boys spoiled you on Mother's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lines are from fabric, little bit frayed. It's from the 'Stitch in Time Saves Nine' series which comments on traditional roles of woman and how woman are redefining / updating these areas today....and also just because they are pretty :)

      Delete
    2. That is fascinating! And now that you've said it, I see it. It's like those games where you are shown a photo of something up close and you have to guess what it is.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...