Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Manifesto Ring for Saint Valentines Day

Hot off the bench this week - this little beauty.  A ring packed full of history and place, promise and things to come.

The client for this ring asked me if I could imprint the silver with a leaf from a special place.  Well of course, I said, and so they posted it to me and I rolled an autumn weather worn oak leaf from Epping Forest into the crisp silver surface of the ring band.

It is rather wonderful, don't you think, that through sites like Etsy and Notonthehighstreet, people have the ability to employ their own personal jeweller.  They get to commission a piece, a bit of couture (I'd go as far to say) made to their exact specification and often incorporating highly personal details that make the piece unique to them.


The Manifesto Ring, Cari-Jane Hakes, February 2014

Today also marks the first day of London Fashion Week. I've swopped my workshop apron for some glad rags and am happily set up in the East Wing of Somerset House on the edge of the River Thames.


I'm delighted to be sporting a pair of metallic green mojitos for the day. Roses are red, violets are blue as are my tights too!  Happy St. Valentine's Day mes amis and a bon weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...