Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Warming up...

Before a big important job (like setting precious stones in gold) I like to do a bit of a warm up. I suppose it's a bit like doing scales on the piano before playing Rachmaninov's 3rd or doing a few pliĆ©s and then launching into Act 1 of the Nutcracker.


Stone setting burr at the ready
 
Actually, for a warm up, I'm rather pleased with the results.


The 'warm up' is complete, time for round 1 with the engagement ring
 
This one is a mix of sterling silver spheres and a sparkly 4mm diameter aquamarine.


'Oh that I could take to moon from the sky...' ring, sterling silver and aquamarine


'Oh that I could take the moon from the sky...' ring worn, Cari-Jane Hakes, December 2013

Time for round 2 with the gold and topaz I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...