Monday, November 11, 2013

What I caught in my net

I haven't lived this far north in a long long while (24 years to be precise) and so somehow the advancing darkness, the way that night seems to claim larger and larger portions of the day, is a little surprising.  The hours where the light is at full stretch are short.  There is much hurrying at the weekend to be out and about and in its full glare.

Fishing trips to the coast are high on the agenda.







What I caught in my net, November 2013, Cari-Jane Hakes
Elsewhere in the Hybrid Handmade House, we are celebrating the advancing dark with stories by torch light. We aren't planning on hibernating anytime soon!


A busy week awaits mes amis!  On wards and Upwards!

3 comments:

  1. I love that rock with the white vein running through it, and the yellow one is fascinating! My little guy loves playing with the torch light -- flash light -- as well. I can't wait until he's at the age to play fun shadow games with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the light. It's afternoon here - 3pm and it's already dimming. short hours of full-on light at this time of year. but think, in a few short weeks, just before christmas that will start changing again in our favor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my favourite and least favorite thing about Scotland in winter, pitch black by four pm or somethin. Crazy!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...