Saturday, November 2, 2013

We're walking in the forest....

I managed to persuade the hybrid handmade helpers (my two young sons) to come with me on a hike.  I let them take the swords that they had just made from a old broom handle, tape and cardboard which allowed them to pretend they were actually on a Ninja mission!

Flowering Ivy, November 2013, Cari-Jane Hakes
Forest Floor Organic Structures, November 2013, Cari-Jane Hakes
In between and underneath and hiding way down low I managed to find some tiny treasures.  Soft and stippled textures, tiny pods of satellite pollen on stalks, shooting outwards, hoping for a transfer to somewhere else.

A Sienna Symphony, November 2013, Cari-Jane Hakes
Quiet Folds, November 2013, Cari-Jane Hakes
And when the rustle of shuffled leaves subsided I found these tiny folded compositions of velvet soft layers resting quietly on the edges of fallen trunks.  The colour of the canopy with its radiating tones was like a drop of watercolour pigment painted onto damp paper.  The underside reminds me of the faded soft netting edge of an old ballet tutu.

Textured Porcelain,  November 2013, Cari-Jane Hakes
The Ninjas were happy to abort their mission on numerous occasions to share in all these little discoveries.

It was a good walk.  Time well spent.  Mission accomplished.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent... Regular close connections to nature are so vital for the soul !! cx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. couldn't agree more!! I'm wondering how your allotment is doing :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...