Monday, August 5, 2013

The Sketchbook Project 2013 - the story continues

For this year's Art House Co-op's sketchbook project (for more information click here) I did debate long and hard with myself as to the merits of a rhyming narrative.  It has proved a tricky thing to achieve and at times it is frustratingly limited.


Pages 8,9,10 and 11
I love the word 'coracle', a tiny, one person boat, that can be manoeuvred easily from sea to land. I think the attraction is the minimalism of the entire endeavour and their shape rather reminds me of an upturned turtle's shell.  I imagine this is exactly how they are moved once on dry land; supported by hand and back, turning their owners into temporary reptiles.

I'm off to scour my rhyming dictionary and ponder the rod I have made for my own back!

2 comments:

  1. oh i do love a rhyming dictionary. cx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's your rhyming dictionary :) I borrowed it the last time I went 'home'.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...