Friday, July 26, 2013

Les Petites Cailloux

I feel like these rings may be part of my signature as a jeweller.  They have been very popular and so it was time to make some more!

Les Petites Cailloux, pebble rings with recycled silver
I used some recycled silver for the back plates of each pebble 'cup', this gives a slightly weathered look to the silver which tones in perfectly with the surf tossed, aged, pebbles.

Delicate quartz lines, Les Petites Cailloux, July 2013, Cari-Jane Hakes

These are my favourite kinds of pebbles.  Shot through with white, tiny little minimal canvases of tone and line.  The one pictured above has the most delicate of quartz lines running through its basalt body.

Detail of recycled silver back plates with leaf textures, Cari-Jane Hakes, July 2013

And of course, it wouldn't be a Hybrid Handmade piece without a secret little extra texture.  This time I used a sycamore leaf skeleton and a fern.



2 comments:

  1. One day I will add a pebble ring to my collection..but first the rock pool.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pebble rings. I now live within walking distance from a rocky Pacific shore and I pick up stones every time I am there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...