Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Really Rather Remarkable Thing

These seem to be popping up everywhere.


I think they are rather remarkable.


They have a kind of statuesque architectural quality.  But in all honesty, they give concrete, glass and steel a good run for their money.  They have grace, glowing colour and exhibit a certain kind of 'garden gravitas' that I can't quite put my finger on.  Oh, and, the noise the bees make when they are busy inside each bloom makes me smile.


Elsewhere, I've been Instagraming.  I know, I'm a bit late to the party, but I'm here if you fancy a peek.  Let me know where you are on Instagram and I'll seek you out.

1 comment:

  1. Those are beautiful! They kind of look like a Lady Slipper mixed with a Calla Lily. I'm in love with the spots on the inner part of the flower.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...