Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Full Moon Ring

I've often talked about how working with silver is like manipulating moonlight.  If there was ever a design that expresses this most fully, it is this one.

Full Moon Ring, June 2013, Cari-Jane Hakes
I've made this one to fit with my 'Stacking Rings' series - a series that draws upon childhood memories of looking through my Grandmother's jewellery box and stacking all of her rings on my  tiny fingers.

Sometimes that old adage of Mies van der Rohe (the modern minimalist architect of the 1950's) 'less is more' just doesn't hold.  No, Mies, sometimes you just need more, more of everything!


Silver Stackers, Full Moon, Tiny Curious Crater and Silver + Gold Curious Crater stacking rings by Cari-Jane Hakes
Silver Chalcedony, Full Moon, Tiny Curious Crater, Silver+Gold Curious Crater and Large Curious Crater  stacking rings by Cari-Jane Hakes
Continuing with my rebuttal of Mies, I will leave you with this rather lovely poster from my 'Quotable Quotes' board on Pinterest.


I can't source the author of this rather magnificent motto - so if it is yours, drop me a line and I will be happy to credit you and link to your site.

In the meantime....is there anything you should be doing more of?

2 comments:

  1. You have outdone yourself Cari-Jane! These rings look beautifully made. I especially love the Silver Chalcedony ring.

    I should be doing more crochet squares. I am enjoying making a huge blanket for a client and am nearly half way there. Only 90 more squares to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous!love the different heights and finishes on the craters.

    always things i should be doing more of
    more creating
    more feed your soul time
    more getting up from my desk and moving
    more organization

    ok, that's enough more for now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...