Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Forgotten Ferns

I opened up my flower press today to prepare a piece of bracken from Scotland that may be used in a piece I am working on.  As is always the case, I had forgotten what last went into the press.  Inside, a tiny little forest of ferns were waiting for me.



I did what I normally do when I find an amazing natural texture - I annealed some silver and rolled the fern into some silver sheet.


A hop, skip and a jump later I had a new pair of earrings for the Etsy shop!


Silver Fern Earrings, Cari-Jane Hakes, May 2013


5 comments:

  1. Thats really beautiful. It's amazing to see that it was a real fern that you used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It still amazes me and I've been doing this for years now!

      Delete
  2. Ooh the are lovely :) I collected some seaweed at the weekend to pop through the roller, no idea if it will work but has to be worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried this too! The seaweed I had just didn't have enough fibres it in to make an impression - either that or I just didn't dry it out enough.

      Delete
  3. Almost wish my ears were pierced. Beautidul

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...