Friday, May 24, 2013

A Fabulous Friday Feeling

I've been rather captivated by the BBC's 'Hebrides: Islands on the Edge' (click here to see a clip).  For a long time, I have been fascinated by these islands.  I wonder what kind of treasure I would find there that I could incorporate into my work?  I may just have to go some day and see what there is for the taking.



In the meantime, I took my gathered gleanings from my last trip to Scotland and began on another important commission.

Some auburn bracken, winter weathered and a little fragile was my plant of choice for a neat little oval brooch.  I held my breath a little as I passed this through the rolling mill; there was a danger that it wold just crumble and disintegrate.  Thankfully, it remained intact and the resulting print was just beautiful.

A Brooch of Bracken, May 2013, Cari-Jane Hakes
Elsewhere today, in my little corner of this island, I'm waiting for the honeysuckle to pop!


Luckily, there are a few others things in bloom that have managed to distract me from my impatience.


Bon weekend mes amis!

2 comments:

  1. yes... natural beauty, beauty everywhere! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. the honeysuckle has absolutely filled the air for the last week. heavenly

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...