Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Perfectly Peachy Personalised Presents

Oh my, I am rather pleased with THAT alliteration!

My little boys have been invited to some birthday parties.  Not knowing what to get the birthday girls in question (being a mother of boys, and only boys, puts you at a distinct disadvantage) I decided jewellery would be the way to go.  Handy eh?

And I have to say, I'm rather charmed with these little butterfly necklaces.  The pink cord, instead of a chain, makes it feel less formal, less grown-up and keeps the whole thing a bit more playful.


I've added a little flick of glimmering gold on the flip side of each butterfly by soldering the silver sheet to some brass.

'Fly Free' Butterfly Necklaces, Cari-Jane Hakes, March 2013
I love the simplicity of this design and will probably make a few more for the Etsy shop.


14 comments:

  1. Oooh - did I mention that my almost 7 year old daughter would like to invite your boys to HER birthday party????? I'm giving plenty of heads up for RSVP! xx Mrs L x Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i wish i was one of those lucky little girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh... lovely stuff... i know a website that would probably like to stock something like that... hint hint. cx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I reckon it would be right up their street :)

      Delete
  4. Making a mental note to invite your boys round for my next birthday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are going to be IN DEMAND at this rate!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. What on earth is a Zooble? (copy, paste, google..)

      Delete
  6. Or a La La Loopsy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow-lucky, lucky girls Cari-Jane! Wish my daughter was friends with your boys! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice present for a girl. That butterfly is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...