Saturday, January 12, 2013

The big 4-Oh!

It's my birthday! I'm embracing a new decade.  Goodness, the last one was just packed with all sorts of good things. Life, like some whiskey and wine, obviously gets better with time.

I have an idea, that at the exact time I was born 40 years ago, I will try to be running, out and about somewhere, in the Yorkshire Dales - so I will literary RUN into my fabulous forties.  That said, the forecast is for snow so if I take my sledge or snowboard perhaps I can slide into my forties.  Which ever way I like it as a metaphor for what it to come.

Source: etsy.com via Cari-Jane on Pinterest

And so, I give you all permission to do the above in honour of my special day.  Go on, you know you want to!

Also, a 'Happy Birthday' shout out to Andrea of Strong Southerly who is my birthday twin.  Right, I'm off to find some cake....

7 comments:

  1. It is quite possible that I was purchasing mukluks at the exact time you were born. In that case, I was shopping into your 40s. Hope you had a fantastic day!

    p.s. I like that you call a sled a sledge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Cari-Jane... and I hope your forties will be as amazing as mine were. You share a birthday with my eldest son, who turns 25 today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY my dear friend on the other side of the great big blue Atlantic!!!

    Here's to celebrating life and the wonderful things that make it ours. I hope you enjoy your day doing exactly what you want. Wishing you many bright blessings now and always.

    xxoo
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy happy big birthday Cari-Jane! I hope you've had a wonderful day!! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had hot cross buns! Cheers and Happy 40th Cari! Love from all of us xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday chook. Late to comment here, but I got you on Facebook! I had a lovely decadent piece of chic fudge for my birthday....death by chocolate!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you lovely people - I ran, ran like the wind into my 40's! It felt good. Onwards and Upwards!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...