Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pearl and Pebble

I've been rather busy scaling several mountains of paperwork.  Phew, the air is rather thin on the top of those peaks so I've come back to sea level (well, almost) for a small break.  I made this rather beautiful ring over the last two days with some minor interference from the aforementioned paperwork.


I was contacted by a client on Etsy who had seen this ring in my shop and was wondering if it could be made in her size?  Well, bien sur, as we say in France!  After all, this little ring is the perfect Anglo-French alliance - the pebble coming from England and the botanical imprint on the back coming from a plant that grows in the forests next to the beaches I used to roam on the west coast of France.


I sent my client a photograph of a selection of these fabulous chalky pebbles - she picked out her favourite and I then proceeded to craft a tiny silver boat, of sorts, to house this perfect little specimen.

I couldn't be more pleased with the leaf texture on the back.  The deep cut of the main steam and the fragile lesser indentations of the leaf skeletons are just perfect.


I took as many photographs of the back as I did of the front.

A little bit of careful drilling and burring later  and the pearl was installed in its new home.


Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get my crampons back on.  I have a few more peaks to scale.  I think I may need to take some oxygen tanks with me for this expedition!

2 comments:

  1. The ring is really beautiful. I really like the imprint on the back. Very unique.

    Found you via Pam's link party!

    www.eyelah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to drop by! Pam's parties are the best aren't they!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...