Thursday, October 25, 2012

Outnumbered

Wednesday saw me outnumbered by 5 to 1 on the male / female ratio front.  What to do with a house full of boys?  Well, we made aeroplanes from balsa wood and a sheet of styrofoam.  Other ingredients included - copious amounts of gaffer tape and a little nut and bolt taped to the nose to balance the whole ensemble.

Ready for the first flight!  
The concentrated calm that overtook these four little bundles of energy was a sight to behold.  They cut and sanded and watched and waited patiently.

Up, up and away
Last flight
And then they threw and retrieved and ran and threw and ran some more as if their lives depended upon it until the sun began to dip.

It was a beautiful thing to be part of.

10 comments:

  1. Cari-Jane, how very clever of you to combine the table craft with a result that guarantees lots of physical exertion! If you aren't careful this may lead to having little male visitors on a regular basis for such craft days... perhaps parents would like to pay for such a wonderful activity day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I did have help...but yes, perhaps I could do a side line in Hybrid Handmade crafty wednesdays!

      Delete
  2. Ah, the things I have to look forward to- personally I think I will enjoy that much more than dolls!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a teeny tiny baby today...almost 'box fresh'...it was mewing / crying. The poor mum looks stressed out of her mind (she had her parents with her, it might have even been her first trip out after the birth). I just smiled and smiled and moved to get a closer look. Goodness, I wish I could do it all over again with the experience I have now - I guess that's what grandchildren are for :) xx

      Delete
  3. How lovely, mine are big now I miss that time,sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon...it all just passes so quickly. I totally 'get' it now and I try to be mindful of its fleetingness.

      Delete
  4. hello there
    enjoyed my catch - up chez vous
    those earrings are tasty looking
    and the box is indeed magical
    and yet the best was sharing
    precious time with the kids
    enjoyed and enjoy x ...

    ***

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love these photos cari-Jane! Gaffer tape and boys- what the perfect combination!! Well done for surviving ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have help in the shape of the Hybrid Handmade Husband....and it was actually his idea to make the aeroplanes.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...