Friday, October 19, 2012

A Fabulous Friday Feeling

I'm not rushing this one.  I rushed the last one and at the last crucial moment the delicate leg of my stag melted.  It curled up and began to liquify into a stubby ball.  A good two days of worth of work, ruined.    But you know, I knew there was something not quite right about the design.  Some of the thicknesses lacked gravitas.  Edges of the composition were not 'singing'.

I dusted myself off, turned up the volume on my music and decided determinedly that the next one was going to be better, more beautiful, it would 'sing'.

Here is where I got to by the end of today:

Into The Wild - components, October 2012, Cari-Jane Hakes
I feel like I am weaving some kind of magic here.  Creating a miniature world full of wild and wonderful things.

Into The Wild, components, October 2012, Cari-Jane Hakes
As I carefully test these pieces and the small structures that are hidden beneath each piece, I remember that I have done this before.  As a child I would take empty matchboxes and create tiny little 3D scenes not that dissimilar to these ones I am now rendering from honeyed copper and moonlit silver.

Into The Wild - test assembly, October 2012, Cari-Jane Hakes
Every now and again, I stop in my filing and sanding and cutting and put all the little pieces in and smile as this tiny little world begins to take shape.

Into The Wild - test assembly, October 2012, Cari-Jane Hakes
The soldering, well, the soldering will have to happen sometime.  But not today.

Bon Weekend mes amis - here's hoping you get to assemble a little magic of your own.

4 comments:

  1. Stunning. Mrs L x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice idea Cari-jane... yep soldering can be beautifully tricky sometimes, I enjoyed the challege... I remember it well. I hope one day to be able to use my workshop again... I miss it. Enjoy the magic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How incredible! IS it going to be a piece of jewelry when you're done? Good for you for not giving up... You remind me of myself when I first got back into making pasta! "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again", right?

    Be sure to show us the finished product...

    http://www.inherentstylela.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Mrs L, as always, I'm so pleased to see you round these parts!

    And yes, Greenorchid, it is some kind of magic. I was watching a video with a jeweller and he said just these words 'people don't really need jewellery, but they do need magic'.

    Thank you Style D. Making pasta is something I have NEVER done. I imagine it requires patience and a deft hand. I do believe Mrs L. is a dab hand at it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...