Friday, August 10, 2012

Make mine a Mojito

I was completely over the moon to be able to finally get my hands on a pair of 'Julian Hakes London' Mojitos!  You see, I am not 'sample size', so I have watched and waited as many wondrous lusterous coloured shoes have come and gone from the Hybrid Handmade House.  'Shoe shoes everywhere but not a pair to wear!' I would lament to anyone who would listen.

But, good things come to those who wait.


What can I say about these shoes that hasn't already been said?  Well, when I wore these shoes I felt like I had silvered moonlight wraped around by foot.  The neon orange leather to the inside of the shoe is just simply fierce with a capital F (and probably a capital I, E, R, C and E as well come to think of it).


Now, I did choose the boldest, blingest pair and actually found that I had to tone down the rest of my outfit. Everything else had to be simple and minimal.  The shoes are the jewellery, the accessories and all the embellishment you need.  I just added a dash of black and I was ready to go.

These shoes made me happy.  These shoes made me proud because I could say 'yes, my husband designed these'.


11 comments:

  1. wow- your hair is long! your look fan-freakin-tastic. you are rocking those shoes just the way they should be rocked. pure elegance and you should be proud. seriously the coolest shoes ever and exactly the ones i would choose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This colour way is certainly not for the shy and retiring type!

      Delete
  2. Omg-surely the husband of every girl's dreams!! Caroline x :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still don't actually have my very own own pair (these will have to be returned for photo shoots and model / runway shows), but, I can wait.

      Delete
  3. Cari-Jane, those shoes would make even moi do a double-take (and I'm sorry to say I seldom notice feet or what accoutrement they bear). Yes, please take EVERY opportunity, to announce to the world the awesomeness of not only the footwear, but the clever man responsible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those shoes are so cool! And how exciting is it that your husband designed them?! That dress looks fantastic on you, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh....that old thing! ;) it is infact a curious combination of an old black skirt I used to wear in my Project Manager days and a H&M top I've had for over 10 years - but black never goes out of fashion!

      Delete
  5. Those shoes look very cute and go so well with your very chic black dress.
    Loving the blog and now following

    Laura x
    www.sidestreetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those shoes are amazing! Very far from my feet being a sample size too (read, plates instead of feet)but I'b be very happy to own those :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...