Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Introducing Clementine

Meet Clementine (pronounced the French way clem-uhn-teen), procured at a local Brocante, aided and abetted by Henkalullah.


She has a unique colouring that means she stands out in a crowd.  She revels in the attention that this brings her way, but it has not always been so.  In her younger days, the day-glo neon pink was something of a burden, but with time and patina she has grown into her bodywork.


She likes to go off-roading, taking the road less travelled and so she keeps her load light.


She has a few dents and scraps, bumps and marks but these too she has learnt to live with.  They give her a 'I've been places' look which she prefers to the box-fresh 'I've never been off the shelf' look.


More adventures from Clementine, coming soon!

4 comments:

  1. Stirs the very fond memories of the Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars I had as a boy...(admission: I still have most of them!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boys keep 'borrowing' her.....but they are under strict instructions that she must NOT end up in their car box!!

      Delete
  2. In a cavern, in a canyon,
    Excavating for a mine
    Dwelt a miner forty niner,
    And his daughter Clementine


    Chorus:
    Oh my darling, oh my darling,
    Oh my darling, Clementine!
    Thou are lost and gone forever
    Dreadful sorry, Clementine

    Light she was and like a fairy,
    And her shoes were number nine
    Herring boxes, without topses,
    Sandals were for Clementine. --Chor.

    Drove she ducklings to the water
    Ev'ry morning just at nine,
    Hit her foot against a splinter,
    Fell into the foaming brine. -- Chor.

    Ruby lips above the water,
    Blowing bubbles, soft and fine,
    But, alas, I was no swimmer,
    So I lost my Clementine. -- Chor.

    Then the miner forty-niner
    He began to weep and pine
    For his darling little daughter
    Now he's with his Clementine—Chor.

    Oh my darling, oh my darling,
    Oh my darling, Clementine!
    Thou are lost and gone forever
    Dreadful sorry, Clementine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and the winner for the longest comment EVER goes too............ :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...