Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August Desktop Calender

I stumbled across THE most perfect little public urban garden / park today.  It was such a surprise and left me beaming from ear to ear.  It was in full bloom and I managed to get this peachy little shot of a gorgeous hydrangea.  It just had to become the image for the August calendar.

If you want this totally fabulous flower adorning your desktop then all you have to do is click on one of the images below (one that roughly fits the pixel width of your screen will work best) save it to your desk top and then use your settings menu (or system preferences or  equivalent) to change your backdrop desktop image.  You might need to choose the 'centre' option to make sure you can see all the dates.

And so, without further ado, I give you the 1600 pixel wide image for those of you with big screens and big desks and big coffee cups and lots of important windows open at the same time.  I bet you have two phones too, one on each side! Go you! And I bet this hydrangea is going to look super dooper fantastic on such a big screen.  You will be the envy of all your colleagues.

August 1600 px wide
And then, if like me, you have a little Mac book air, here is a peachily perfect pocket sized 1400 pixel wide image that will look positively wonderful (sorry, ran out of descriptive words starting with 'p') every time you open that little silver lid to check your emails.

August 1400 px wide
And finally for those of you with 1280 pixel wide screens, here is one just for you.  I do hope one of these images fits for you - if not, let me know how big your screen is and I will happily resize my original image, just for you.  Also, it would be handy to know what the average screen size is.  My internet research has thrown up these three sizes as being the most popular and common but for all I know, you are all cursing me every month because I keep uploading totally useless images that don't fit any of your screens!

August 1280 px wide
Goodness, what a lot of hydrangeas!  I hope you enjoy re-potting them into your homes and workplaces.

All that remains for me to do is to post my photographs for the Mercantile Muse photography challenge.  Now, I missed the deadline for the 'vast' category due to extended traveling at the weekend but I managed to fit in a little visit to the place in London that to me signifies this word.

Tate Modern, the turbine hall, London, 1st August 2012, Cari-Jane Hakes
It is the actual containment of the space that makes it feel vast.  Of course the scale of the river and the sky outside or the structure of the Millennium bridge that leads up to it are, technically, bigger but somehow the surprise of this big empty space immediately came to me when I read the challenge list.

Tate Modern, the turbine hall, 1 August, Cari-Jane Hakes
To bring me up to date with Pam's photo challenge I also need to post my self portrait.  This was a difficult one.  I'm sure, if you are anything like me, you are happy being the one BEHIND the camera, snapping away, NOT in front of it!

c'est moi, photo challenge, day 3
Day 4 on Pam's challenge list is 'dark of the night' which is exactly how it looks outside my window now - Bonne Nuit mes amis.




7 comments:

  1. I've never been that interested in London, unlike every other Aussie my age who travelled overseas and landed up in earls court. I am sure there is a London borough that would suit me but how to find it in such a big city!! However I have always wanted to go to Tate modern and never have. I've been to the Tate in st. Ives ......which looks over the vastness of ocean ;p. ha. Not quite the same. Amazing pics cari- very cute one of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea - I think you would like anything round and about Hampstead Heath - hilly, woody, like a village but with an urban edge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will have to remember that if we end up there at some point- we have a loose plan to head to Europe for a few years when the larger of the four legged friends move on. Joys of a brutish passport and a husband who can work extra remotely.

      Delete
  3. Aha! I'm proud to be an Aussie who travelled to London and DIDN'T end up in Earls Court! Not sure how many would start their journey in Peckham, but glad it's where mine started! Even happier that it ended in bustling Bermondsey. Where did you find this secret garden? Lovely photo of you Cari - don't see you enough (obviously), so it made me smile to see you sneak in there at the bottom of the post! Mrs L x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so, secret garden is past Little Dorrit park, past Cathedral School and on a little route that you would follow if you were off to the Tate Modern. You will probably say 'oh yes, I've been there thousands of times!' but it really was a perfect surprise to me!

      Delete
  4. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...