Friday, August 24, 2012

A Fabulous Friday Feeling

The sky has been doing a bit of this...

French Skies, August 2012
....which may well be my favourite kind of sky along with the kind of dark, pre-storm kind of a sky with strong sunlight which makes certain colours vibrantly sing as if they are lit from within.

I'm still a bit obsessed with the gummy, semi-translucent seaweed which keeps floating around me and distracting me from my 'lifeguard' duties.




Seaweed, collected for possible future use, August 2012
I scooped these specimens up and took them home to the Hybrid Handmade atelier for a closer inspection.  I think they may become incorporated into something once they dry out.

Elsewhere, this perviously made piece found a new home and set sail, off on adventures and voyages with its new owner.

'Betwixt Wind and Water', pendant on turquoise cord, wood and brass, Cari-Jane Hakes 2012
You can read more about this piece here (design sketches and inspiration) and here.

And finally, if all of the above wasn't fabulous enough for your Friday, I fished this out of my polishing tank!  More on him next week though.

'Stories Set in Stone', necklace, Cari-Jane Hakes 2012

5 comments:

  1. really really lovely new work. love the one off on an adventure too. and the seaweed is Cool with capital C. love the sun rays shot. bon weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, can't wait to see what you do next! Come check out my blog, maybe we can follow each other!
    Material Fixations

    ReplyDelete

  3. Hi Cari, your photography is brilliant and these images are really special, squeal the piece we collaborated on is selling like hotcakes I see, some lucky lady is going to enjoy wearing the betwixt wind and water pendant! Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when the sky does that, too! It's so...peaceful: the end of a big storm. Can't wait to see what you're going to do with that seaweed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are some very insspiring shots. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...