Thursday, June 14, 2012

A Really Rather Remarkable Thing

It all got a bit much so I took myself out for a walk.  I just turned my back on it all and walked out the gate, turned right and headed off into the golden light peeling off the setting sun.  Under normal circumstances I can't do this.  Or if I do, I would have had to take my two small apprentices with me.  But on this occasion, with an extra pair of hands around the Hybrid Handmade Home I was able to just go.

I gathered a few things as I walked.  I'm not sure I can venture out anywhere without gleaning a few fronds or pebbles (depending on which side of the high tide mark I'm roaming).


I took these photographs today after this little bloom had begun the stretch and straighten its limbs.


But the photographs I really rather like are the ones I took right after my 'walking out on all my responsibilites' walk.  The lines and patterns created by the tiny stalks wove a perfect tiny ribbed structure, delicately arched and coloured with an ombre of green to pink.





What a really rather remarkable thing it is!

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, I was just looking at a painty print pink dress, and that image totally makes me want to paint and draw. It looks like it might be related to a sea holly of sorts....H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well I am MOST delighted that it makes you want to paint and draw! Things are def. very pink and flowery round these parts of late!

      Delete
  2. Stunning pictures! You are a talented Photographer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Autumn! It has been so nice to 'meet' you via BritMums! And congrats on being the 150th follower - which has reminded me that I forgot to press the follow button on yours after I left my comment on your blog. Fingers crossed for your job application!

      Delete
  3. fabulous. you know how a really rather remarkable things makes me ever so happy.

    as you know, i too have a tendency to come home with this and that. isn't that one of the best parts of a walk?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...