Friday, May 11, 2012

What I Caught In My Net

I've been casting my net far and wide of late; on grounds that are far far above the high tide mark.  Looking closely, things are really rather magical.  Surface tension is a marvelous thing don't you think?  Without it I think pond-skaters would have a rather tough time of it all.





A little closer to the high tide line I found this teeny tiny orchid on the protected dunes....


and elsewhere, flowers of a more common sort, but beautiful nonetheless.


And on the edges of this little microcosm I found new life pushing through the dune margins.


I cycled along hedges of bright yellow with three baguettes in my bag, practicing my French pronunciation out loud whilst the church bells peeled out for midday.  With an amusing shock of realisation I amused myself with the fact that I had become a clich√© of sorts.  In a good way.

Bon Weekend mes amis!


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. I live in Arizona so anything resembling water or a beach is always a nice place for my mind to wander!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Lynn, it must be so so different. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. i always look forward to what i caught in my net.

    never disappointed either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think I hadn't done one of these for a while....and knew I would have at least one happy customer in you Pam!

      Delete
  3. Nothing - no matter how tiny - escapes your attention. These photos are just breathtaking.... Hope you enjoyed your weekend...

    http://www.inherentstylela.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope your back is healing well!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...