Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Really Rather Remarkable Thing

I found this little scrap of remarkableness on the high tide line.


I believe it to be a scoured portion of a seaweed root.  I picked it up because of its delicate mottling which suggested some kind of aquatic leopard.


It is the colour of dried out peat mixed with mocha and a dash of rich balsamic vinegar.  It is soft with a pliable mossy spring to it.  It is really a rather remarkable thing.

I collected together a little seaside sampler (and then got frustrated with my camera for falling out of focus around the edges).

Seaside Sampler, Cari-Jane Hakes, 23 May 2012
Number 1 - a fine purple variegated oyster shell.


Number 2 - a crab the size of your fingernail.


Number 3 - an aquatic leopard (whom you have already been introduced to).  Number 4 - a large limpet shell (or a chapeau chinois (a chinese hat) as the French sometimes call them).


Number 5 - assorted seaweed fronds.


C'est tout for today mes amis!

2 comments:

  1. C'est tout? eh? Love it. Will have to use that now. Fini!

    you know i really look foward to the remarkable things you catch in your net.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It means - 'that's all'. Often, when you are shopping in a little bakery or something the owner will ask 'C'est tout?' as a question. I was almost going to do the whole phrase in French 'C'est tout pour aujourd'hui mes amis' (because I can be fancy like that) but I didn't - well, I just did now - but I didn't in the post :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...