Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Sketchbook Project 2013

It doesn't seem that long ago that I signed up for Art House Co-op's Sketchbook Project 2011.  You can find the two submissions I did for them for the 2011 and 2012 tours here

Well, today marks the launch of sign ups for the 2013 project.

So, what is it all about?  This little 96 second film will tell you all you need to know.  To become part of the project click here.



I often describe my sketchbook as a laboratory.  It is a place where things are tested out and examined.  That said, the ones I created for the Sketchbook Project 2011 and 2012 were more like little story books - I used a narrative to string together the drawings.  In the end, the story became the important thing and the sketches served as illustrations.

Looking at other people's sketchbooks is always inspiring. Here are some of the books I've been 'looking' through of late:



A collage of chance encounters, faces in a crowd and speeding mopeds from Taylor White, whilst in L Filipe dos Santos' book a series of drawings are created on top of a gouache stains.


See Saw by L Filipe dos Santos
And finally some very fine doodling by Mattias Adolfsson.



Inspiring stuff, mais non?

3 comments:

  1. ok, i may have to give this some thought. That video was hysterical. No we don't support James Pok coming alive again and becoming presdient....mmmmmwwwhhhhaaaaa. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you signed up again this year? I really need to make a start on my book!

    If you're interested, I've started an open Pinterest board for people to share their Sketchbook Project 2013 progress: http://pinterest.com/BrownPaperBunny/sketchbook-project-2013/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder Jessica! I was actually just thinking about it yesterday - and came up with an idea and a first line...so maybe I should get started too. I'm following your pinterest board.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...