Thursday, April 26, 2012

Lovely places in London to have a cup of tea - Part 2

I put all errands and tasks on hold this morning and dashed out amid flurries of silvered showers and sparkling, sky splitting sunshine to meet, regular reader of this blog and long time friend, Mrs L in The Hummingbird Bakery, Islington (click here to find out more about them).


The Bakery is a perfect little pint sized place, cute as a button and filled to bursting with pink and rose and all the shades of pastel in-between.

When I'm given the chance to talk in my mother tongue, well, I will just chat away to anyone and everyone and so it was that I had a lovely chat with the lady behind the counter who made me a perfectly fabulous mocha coffee.


We were spoilt for choice but opted for the classic Red Velvet cupcakes.  They were obviously delicious and tasted as good as they looked.


I can't really think of a better way to start the day!


7 comments:

  1. girl after my own heart. mocha coffee and chat with a stranger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect start to an utterly delightful day! I hope the chat with me was as nice ;) xx Mrs L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam :)
    Mrs L - of course! Twas the highlight of my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love islington and those cupcakes look absolutely divine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Jodi! I just checked out your blog - it is BEAUTIFUL!

      Delete
  5. One fine day I would love to meet you and mrs.L in person and join you for cupcakes!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea, it would indeed be a VERY fine day! I don't doubt that one day it may occur :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...