Friday, April 27, 2012

A Fabulous Friday Feeling

Well, I can tell you, I could hardly contain myself when I realised that Sania Pell's book signing for her newest publication 'The Homemade Home for Children' would occur whilst I was in London.  Oh, the serendipityness of it all!  I RSVP'ed immediately and went skipping down to Liberty's of London on Thursday of this week to meet the lovely lady herself.


And oh what a treat it was!  Sania had arranged a big table with a gorgeous array of Liberty fabrics all prepped and ready for us to try out a few projects from the book.  I settled in next to Heleen Miller Aberson (who started her online children's wear business earlier this year - check out Shop Yuko if you  would like to see her own label Rokje along with the others that she stocks on the Shop Yuko site) and we got busy chatting and making these beautiful little puffed up flowers with the aid of Caroline Davis (who writes the Trend Daily blog) on hand to help us.

Flower brooch and hair bobble from Sania Pell's book 'The Homemade Home for Children'
Detail of the flowers made with Liberty fabrics
For me, sitting round chatting and crafting is pretty much my idea of heaven on earth.  What a perfect afternoon!  As I had been unable to bring my book from France, Sania kindly signed a little tag for me so that I could stick it into the book on my return.

As I've already said, all of this actually took place on Thursday - the Fabulous Friday Feeling was of course was stepping out bedecked in my all my flowery finery the next day!

Post Scriptus : I'm pretty sure 'seredipityness' is not a real word, but I'm also pretty sure it should be.

13 comments:

  1. Wasn't it a lovely afternoon! Thank you Sania! It was so nice to meet you Cari-Jane and thank you for you kind mention! Heleen Miller Aberson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heleen! You are most welcome! I've been busy pinning a few of your pieces on my Pinterest board.

      Delete
    2. Ah, I've seen shop Yuko stuff before- love it ...hope you ship to Australia!

      Delete
    3. Hi Andrea, I could ship to Australia, need to check postage and you can just email me the order, will then send you a PayPal invoice!

      Delete
    4. Andrea, I could ship to Australia, you can email me the order, I'll check postage, send you an invoice via PayPal and ship after payment. Thanks for your interest! Cari Jane,I''ll look you up on Pinterest.

      Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I was thinking exactly the same about 'serendipityness'... is that serendipidatious? Sounds like you had an utterly lovely afternoon. Just a little jealous. cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I like your version better (makes small note in pink notebook so can use word at later date)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOO I do like those sweet little brooch and hair thingies... Lovely fabric very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too..jeaolous. The crafting afternoons is something I want in on... Maybe we could do a virtual one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmm, now THAT is an idea, perhaps we could do a 'craft hour' (like 'earth hour') where you switch everything off, make something in an hour, and then photograph and share....I feel a whole new blog series in the making! May be we should wait a bit till your little one is more settled in though :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It is a most lovely thing to do - I guess it must be even better if it is with friends and on a regular basis - I would start one up here if my french was better and if I knew which people were into that sort of thing...but yes, maybe we should do a virtual one (at Andrea's suggestion)...I shall ponder on it

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...