Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday Musings on Moss and Lichen and such things

I have been some what distracted by my neighbours moss.  It is growing in a most gloriously prolific way atop their wall.  I am most taken with it, so much so that I did indeed peel a little bit off, just for myself.  I carried it home gently in the palm of my hand.


Now, I admit, this little scrap isn't up to much.  But, honestly, walk with me a minute and let's take a look at it with the setting sun shining through its populated fronds!




It is rather exquisite stuff is it not?


In amongst all of this I found some of this..


Elsewhere today I began to list the faceted pendants in the Hybrid Handmade shop.  Two listed, another eight to go!  They are a rather beautiful bunch - this one, pictured below, is the perfect colour match for the peach blossom that has just begun to spring out of the branches round these parts.


More listing tomorrow - and then onto to some important commissions!  Onwards and upwards mes amis!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you, I think I will see moss in quite a different way now, seriously! Jewellery is lovely too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Jaxbee and for taking the time to comment

      Delete
  2. Pendant looks really nice on...looking forward to seeing you all!
    Hxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me toooo! The moss was from your wall :)

      Delete
  3. I thought you made those from wood!!!! i absolutely LOVE them all. and the pics in the shop look fantastic.

    we are sisters at heart when it comes to nature my dear. truly lovely shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh I had fun photographing them all today - some more nature coming up for you Pam!

      Delete
  4. I won't be complaining at more nature.....or anything else you feast your creative eye on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cari-Jane-I get the feeling you and I have a lot of similarities!I have so many bits of mossy twigs and branches in the house, it's ridiculous!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...