Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Really Rather Remarkable Thing

On my desk today..


the fragrance from this...



... a little bundle of beautiful images, fabulous Clarissa Hulse fabric samples and this, really rather remarkable thing.


My good friend, Pam Pennefather, sent me this piece of her amazing lacework.  It represents hours of work.  She was in the middle of packing up her life to move to Kenya and couldn't quite bring herself to throw out this tiny little intricate piece of 'work in progress'.  And so she sent it to me!



I'm glad she did.

I think it may need to be incorporated into something in the Hybrid Handmade atelier.

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely gift. Can't wait to see what the lace "turns into!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some ideas Elizabeth - but I think it will be a while until I have time to turn my attention to this delicate little piece. I have a few very important commissions to complete first.

      Delete
  2. oh, the smell of hyacinth! spring is near! and the color. wow. nice pick me up.

    that lace is beautiful and i'm so glad she was inspired to pass it along, it would have been a tragedy to let such beautiful work be thrown away. 'cringe'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, it is safe in my 'beautiful things I might use one day' folder!

      Delete
  3. and some rather charming ribbon! cx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...