Tuesday, February 21, 2012

London Fashion Week 2012

Over the past three days I've been helping the Hybrid Handmade Husband in his exhibition space in Somerset House, a venue which has been adopted for London Fashion Week.  I've enjoyed walking in through the portico off The Strand into the throng of photographers and film crew groups - they are obviously waiting for some big name designers or models to arrive.  I was actually rather amused as a couple of photographers snapped my photo - just on the off chance I was someone important!

Somerset House, The Strand entrance, 21 February 2012
We had a piece of great news last night - the Hybrid Handmade Husband has been shortlisted for the Drapers 'Best Footwear Designer of the Year'.

The beautiful staircase that takes you up to The Portico Rooms, Somerset House, London
I thinking the silver Eudon Choi biker jacket would go well with the silver and orange neon Mojito heels - however, I think I am a bit biased when it comes to all things silver!
Portico Rooms, Somerset House, London, 21 February 2012 

8 comments:

  1. I've been really enjoying your blog. I have awarded you the Liebster Blog Award, after receiving it myself from a fellow blogger.
    Check out my post today at overflowinglaundrybasket.blogspot.com and copy the button and pass it on! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting! Thank you Alexandra! And I have one of those too (and over flowing laundry basket that is ... hey, something has to give!)

      Delete
  2. Hi Cari-Jane so glad I helped lighten the heavy mantle of fashion week,I really enjoyed the angles of the buildings you took. Your a woman after my own heart, I am a frustrated architect, my work as stylist and as fashion writer relates back to my passion for buildings. I love that you use that sense in your designs which I just visited over at Etsy, I also love the poetic naming of your pieces. A huge congrats to both you ond your husband on his award you must both be thrilled! I would love to feature your work over on My Passport To Style if yor interested? My email is sharonstyle@fsmail.net I'm now following you!
    Sharon Sahara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon - I will send you an email to organise the above!

      Delete
  3. Oh my!!! That's wonderful news. Your eye, as always, is impeccable. I love that shot coming through the portico. I hope you were wearing one of your designs by the way. You just never know where one of those photos ends up. Cheers and fingers crossed for the HHH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, yes, I was wearing my running hare necklace - which did get 'spotted' a few times - if fact there may be a new opportunity opening up on the Hybrid Handmade side of things - but we will see how it goes - no real news yet - but you will all be the first to know if anything transpires.

      Delete
  4. Love these shots! I love Somerset house but you really capture its beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...