Monday, January 16, 2012

Words to describe the beginning of today.

Today the light crashed up through the horizon with a kind of belligerent energy.  It started with a few striations of vivid colour and then it splintered up into view and shone with a crisp brilliance that was magnified ten fold by the tiny fragments of furry ice covering every leaf and twig (and spiderweb).

Sunrise spider's web, 16 January 2012, Cari-Jane Hakes

I belligerently swept through my work so I could get out in it.  I stepped out and cut through the dense cold air - I ran and ran.  As bundled up Vendée-ans regard my t-shirted running attire I am always ready with a jaunty "Il ne fait pas foid!  C'est comme l'été en Ecosse!"

There is something rather nice about being able to joke in a language which is not your own.

It makes you feel a little bit like you 'belong'.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I've never seen that before. Looks amazing, but I'm happy it's not that cold in Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. like scotland in the summer, eh?

    jeesh, i hope not!

    not to say we can't have the odd weather in new hampshire because really, if you don't like the weather here, you usually only have to wait 10 minutes for something new.

    GREAT pics. thanks for sharing.

    btw, it's been FREEZING here too. I've very, very quickly taken sunset photos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. c'est
    vrai
    madame
    un bon
    blague
    dans
    un autre
    langue
    c'est
    magnifique
    mais
    zut alors
    you run
    yuk
    x
    ...

    ***

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes your blog really takes my breath away Cari-Jane... You have such an eye. Nothing, not even the tiniest of tiny, escapes your appreciation!

    http://www.inherentstylela.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...