Sunday, January 8, 2012

What I caught in my net today

We decided to cast our net a little wider and this is what we caught...


...an abandoned house, resting on a carpet of stars, sentinel like, gazing out to sea.  It is gracefully succumbing to a gentle colonisation by nature and yet its apertures remain strong and true.




Elsewhere, in amongst this mossy constellation we found plants with leaves as soft as rabbit's ears.


The wind rested today and so all around us, below the bluff of the low cliff, we were enveloped in a rare silence.  We walked softly, softly, treading on a milky way or two and headed home to firelight and hot chocolate.

I rested along with the wind today in the hope that I'll be ready for all the storms and high seas that may come my way in the following week.

2 comments:

  1. your photos and thoughts are always a welcome rest-space on a hectic day. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jana, thank you for such high praise indeed - I am so very glad to be of service. You sound like you could do with a nice cup of tea and a sit down!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...