Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Sketchbook Project 2012 - final installment

These last few pages are literally 'hot off the press' and not a moment too soon!  Today is the postmark deadline for the Art House Co-op's 2012 Sketchbook Project.  I chose the theme 'Transatlantic' and decided to make this 2012 submission carry on from the book I did for the the 2011 tour (which you can see online here).

The Sketchbook Project 2012, pages 29 and 30, Cari-Jane Hakes
The Sketchbook Project 2012, pages 31 and 32, Cari-Jane Hakes
The Sketchbook Project 2012, page 33, Cari-Jane Hakes
And so, my little girl and her trusty stuffed newt, Cedric, have completed their transatlantic crossing - all the remains is for me to address the envelope and send this completed sketchbook off to Brooklyn, New York.

Bon Voyage!

10 comments:

  1. now
    i wish
    i could
    draw like
    that
    what fine
    linework
    x
    ...

    ***

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Linda - glad to see you are back and well - looking forward to your 365 launch TODAY!!

      Delete
  2. you're so blooming talented. i may have to print a copy of your ny sketch and post on my inspiration board- if you don't mind, that is. i MISS nyc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam! I'll send you the jpeg! It is a bit blurred in the middle - I tried everything - heavy books, heavy books and hands, heavy books, handstand and a couple of pot plants.....

      Delete
  3. p.s Cari, how do you turn the 'reply' feature on in 'comments'??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea...this is a mystery to me - it just started appearing one day of its own volition! I didn't actually DO anything (well, I don't think I did...maybe I'm a HTML programmer in my sleep)

      Delete
    2. hmm, will look into it. Meanwhile, thought you might like this....

      http://www.joolive.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/sketchbook-project.html

      A local artist who is a fellow sketchbooker (not counting myself in that statement since life got in the way this year)whose work i thought you might like too.

      Delete
    3. Oh yes! I do like that indeed. The poem is lovely and I like the graphic images too.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...