Friday, January 27, 2012

A Fabulous Friday Feeling

Well, I have to say, I haven't been feeling all that fabulous all week.  A kind of creeping curmudgeoness had taken up residence within me and so when Eddie Vedder's Hard Sun began playing in the Hybrid Handmade House I knew I needed to get out in it!



I attempted to gather it all up.  I inflated my lungs with sunshine and grabbed great chunks of it to store away for a rainy day.  I went running through it and under it so that it got all tangled up in my hair and seeped in behind my glasses.


Elsewhere today I added another 'small simple pleasure' to my list.  This new one sits level with 'knowing when to buy bread when it is fresh and warm'.


Two pink hyacinths from the local village florists, all neatly wrapped in brown paper.  I know that when then bloom they will fill my entire house with their smell - one of the many advantages of living in a small house!


I think I was inspired by this post over on Sania Pell's blog which I pinned earlier in the week on Pinterest.




Do you like my new bird tray?  All the way from lovely Ikea.  I saw it and have to have it - especially after discovering and giggling over Portlandia's 'Put a bird on it!' sketch.




Bon Weekend mes amis!

3 comments:

  1. oooo, don't know if i've heard hard sun before, but i like. i like.

    how funny is 'put a bird' ? LOL. lovely hyacinths by the way- glad you got out in the sun.

    in other good friday news....you won the print giveaway! i'll contact you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holey Moley I NEVER win anything...well, apart from just now of course! How utterly fabulous! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I've never heard that song before but I sure get the big landscape open highways sunny feel of it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...