Monday, December 5, 2011

My Last 5 Pins on Pinterest

I love words.  I love text on stuff.  I used to love labeling up my architectural drawings - they looked so bare without the key and the words that would tell you where everything would go.  Beautiful calligraphy amazes me.  Words are powerful, heroic, pure and explosive.

I have a board on Pinterest where I collect all the wise and beautiful words I find on the internet.  Here are my last five:


The tattoo reads "Au milieu de l'hiver, j'ai découvert en moi un invincible été." ~ Albert Camus {in the depths of winter, I discovered there was in me an invincible summer}.



The page above is taken from Emily Macrae's book 'Nine Lives'.



I would translate this as 'Life is made of little happinesses'.  I suppose the equivalent in English would be 'make sure you make to time to stop and smell the roses' or 'life's simple pleasures'.  I think I like my grammatically incorrect direct translation better though.


A typography poster from IScreenYouScreen on Etsy.

And finally, a poem.



Words to live by, words that make you smile and words that make you wonder.

Bonne nuit mes amis.

3 comments:

  1. Oh what words to end on... I love that last poem! I'll be tucking that aside for my boyfriend...

    http://www.inherentstylela.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ladies! They are inspiring (and thoughtful) quotes - I'm glad you liked them too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...