Friday, December 16, 2011

A Fabulous Friday Feeling

I take a lot of photographs.  I download them almost everyday.  They are backed up but not all of them are printed out.  Every now and again I imagine the loss if I couldn't access them.  The horror of this situation has spurred me into action and so, for the past few weeks I have been spending several evenings sifting through the many digital images and turning them into a book using this site (there is also this alternative site).

1 January 2010
Each image is a little repository of memories, conversations, events and happenings.  The site I am using lets me superimpose text over the photographs so I can collage these memories with the images.

Paddling
The only problem is trying to edit down the number of photographs to actually put in the book.  This often means I am cramming 10 or more images on to each page.

'How old are you?'
Waiting for the right waves
Fishing with the Master
Watching
The last image makes me wonder if he will stand like this when he is an old man, when I am long gone, looking out to see with his wooly hat and stick.  A timeless image.

We are migrating north for Christmas - stretching our wings and heading off for our respective ancestral homes.  For the last three, we have rested here, in France.  Time to pull up the anchor and set sail for a while.

3 comments:

  1. What a daunting task but well worth it! Such beautiful "slice of life" moments...

    Have a safe trip home and a wonderful Christmas!

    http://www.inherentstylela.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And you too! Hope yours is extra sparkly! I imagine this will pose little of a problem for you given your most recent blog post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the last photo is my favourite. cx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...