Friday, December 9, 2011

A Fabulous Friday Feeling

Something is emerging from the deep...

work in progress, December 2012, Cari-Jane Hakes
The depth of this this textural etch is partly fantastical and partly accidental.  I did tell EVERYONE at 1645 hrs 'don't let me forget about the silver in the etching tank'.  EVERYONE then went to bed.  I remembered about the silver in the etching tank at around 2130 hrs - ran through to the workshop and was relieved to see that there was still a sheet of silver.  Had I fallen asleep - by the morning I'm fairly sure the whole sheet would have been disseminated into Ag+ ions floating around in an acid solution.  Not much use to man nor beast and certainly no use to me seeing as this is my very last sheet of silver.

work in progress, December 2011, Cari-Jane Hakes
No retributions were issued.  Instead I fished the silver out and marveled at the depth of the etch.  Never have I created something so moon like.  It is beautiful and I am relieved.

work in progress, December 2011, Cari-Jane Hakes
Some variations on position are expressed here - a few experiments before this winged marvel of nature is soldered in place.

As I wing myself into the weekend I wish you all a good one.  Ours will be full of 'Le Grande Marché de Noël' which will take place in the next village.  I do declare I'm almost as excited as the children!

1 comment:

  1. C'est la fete! Enjoy! Beautiful piece as always. Mrs L x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...