Thursday, December 22, 2011

Brown Paper Packages

There has been a bit of an economy drive in the Hybrid Handmade House for some time now (what with the way things are going I'm sure this must be happening in a lot of houses).  Beyond the essentials I'm just not buying much of anything.  However, in light of the festive season I did decide to get myself a Christmas present.  It was waiting for me in London, all wrapped up in brown 'paper' (cardboard).



I can't tell you how much I loved opening this package (no, I didn't wait till Christmas morning).  Because I had ordered it a few weeks ago - I had actually forgotten the exact contents.  Even better.

I am a fairly new reader of Pia's blog (click here to go to it) so I didn't exactly know what to expect from this book - but I am delighted, surprised and enthralled by it.  As Pia deliberates over what to take as she packs her bags for her journey to Paris it made me think of the 'The Girl' and Cedric in the sketchbook that I did for Art House Co-op (the whole sketchbook can be seen here).

Pages 6 and 7 The Sketchbook Project 2011
A part of me feels like 'The Girl' and Pia have wandered along similar paths in their search for 'home'.

I will leave you with a few of the stunning visual spreads from Pia's book and a hope that for all of you wandering 'home' for Christmas that your journeys are safe and the welcome at the other end is warm.


For more information on Pia's book please go to her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...