Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Musings on a Mercredi

The responsibility of needing to set an example for my two small boys weighs upon me.  Not heavily and not in a burdensome way but in a way that grounds me.  In a way that makes me think before I speak and act.   In a way that has me thinking at the end of every day 'I WILL do a better job tomorrow'.

Embracing the Present, Cari-Jane Hakes, 2011
So, while I hope that my example will inspire them, nurture them and help them become all that they can be there are times when I feel completely humbled by the example they set for me.

They don't hold grudges.  They can be told off and chastised for some misdemeanor but 2 minutes later they will be back at my side, smiling, asking about what I'm doing and if I can help find a lego brick.  No sulking, no recriminations, no looking back, no 'baggage' - just moving forwards with lightness and clarity and grace.  They just fling their arms wide open and walk forward.

They leave me wondering sometimes who is learning the most from this whole child / parent relationship!

8 comments:

  1. I love your jewelry & blog! Really beautiful. And that Embracing the Present photo! Thanks for adding to my day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cari-Jane I don't understand why your comment on my blog hasn't been published, I ordered it! Thank you for reading and for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ups! I see all it's ok! sorry and thanks.

    I like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh. I love this Mrs H. And thank goodness the wee ones don't hold grudges...otherwise...imagine?! It is our job, it is the best job, and it is the most difficult....such a beautiful photo....thank you for the window into your day. Mrs L x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all - I'm wondering what they are going to teach me today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps- i really LOVE that picture. i LOVE the sheer joy and fullheartedness with which he's greeting the day. open arms.............

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2 small boys
    what a gift
    and the image is lovely
    as are your sentiments
    warm memories envelope me
    but wait until adolescence
    when you may be riddled with guilt
    at the things you could have done
    and perhaps didnt quite manage
    despite your best efforts
    the choices you made
    and possible recriminations
    aaaargh parenthood
    a minefield
    f****d if you do
    f****d if you dont
    a massive learning experience
    that never ends
    enjoy cari
    x
    ...

    ***

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...