Friday, October 28, 2011

A Fabulous Friday Feeling

I love the sight of the little yellow La Poste van pulling up beside my postbox.  Today - much joy - no bills - just a package from the Art House Co-op  in Brooklyn, New York.  I finally signed up for the Sketchbook Project 2012 a couple of weeks ago.  Today, the sketchbook arrived!

The Sketchbook Project 2012
Last years sketchbook that I did for the 2011 tour (you can view it on-line HERE) took me on an unexpected journey.  When I began the sketchbook I really had no idea where it would end.  I used a narrative to structure the sketches and made it semi-autobiographical.  I must say, it really was a voyage of discovery.

I chose 'Transatlantic' as my theme from the list for the 2012 sign up page.  I have a feeling this theme will carry on pretty seamlessly from where the 2011 sketchbook ended.

Now, I just need to decide how to decorate the cover.  It's a perfect project for dark winter's evenings - I'm so glad it has arrived.  I can't wait to get started!

6 comments:

  1. wow! neat stuff. did you do the drawings in the sketch book? love all the collage work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes Pamela...it kept me VERY busy (in a good way).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh! I commented on this on my iphone but it hasn't shown up! So, all I was saying is that I am very much looking forward to joining you on this adventure (from afar, you understand, I'm not partaking, I can not sketch to save my life....hope I never need to)!

    Can't wait to see what 'she' does next.

    Mrs L
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a disaster - I chose the theme 'disasters' and now regret it. I was in the midst of drawing tsunami's and nuclear melt downs so it was fitting then. ...maybe it will have to be a sketchbook of spilt milk or something? Any ideas?
    Meanwhile, "transatlantic" should definately line up a sequel quite well for your first sketchbook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea - I think 'disasters' from a first world perspective could be interesting and challenging. Laid bare against some of the events from this year it could be a really thought provoking piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just glad to see that Cedric is getting a chance to shine again. cx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...