Friday, October 7, 2011

A Fabulous Friday Feeling

It has been slow slow slow going here in the Hybrid Handmade atelier.  This is how the workbench was looking round about midday.


The final tricky bit of my second fragment was being particularly awkward.  The geometry was testing me.  I tried several paper patterns to try and get an idea of the shape I should cut out of metal.

The Myth of the Aurora Borealis, work in progress, October 2011
I have a vision in my mind of how these elements should look.  Gigantic shards of splintering rock.  Shattering into spectral fragments!  Escaping light, silvered, golden light.  What it in my mind is NOT presently on my bench.

The Myth of the Aurora Borealis, work in progress, October 2011
You have to keep the faith when you get stuck in the middle of a project.  It's the least pretty phase.  It's the phase when you begin to question the validity of the concept.  It's the phase where you fall just a little bit out of love with your creation.

The Myth of the Aurora Borealis, work in progress, October 2011
When I began my design career this in-between phase used to scare me.  It dented my confidence.  I felt as if any talent I may have possessed had been drained out of me completely, washed away, never to return.  Now I know it's just a phase you have to go through.  You can't go over it or round it or under it....just through.  And I'm also wise enough now to know when to call it a day.  

Bon Weekend mes amis!  

2 comments:

  1. have just
    enjoyed
    all your
    recent posts
    love your
    poetic
    prose
    and goodluck
    with the
    sneaky sticky
    middle moment
    x
    ...

    ***

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep the faith, sometimes the best things come from those stuck moments. i it's almost like your mind is requiring you to take a break to replenish your vision.

    have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...