Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sugar and Spice and all Things Nice!

Do you know the rhyme?  The rhyme about what little girls are made of?  Well, as I chose all the ingredients to make this latest necklace I had this rhyme playing through my head.

Sugar and Spice and all Things Nice necklace by Cari-Jane Hakes, September 2011
It is a collage of beautiful things.  Vintage lace pressed into silver and the most mesmerising teal transparent enamel that I applied to a silver button, again imprinted with the same vintage lace.

Detail, silver button and enamel, Cari-Jane Hakes, September 2011
I do declare it to be one of the prettiest things on my bench at the moment.


Vintage lace imprinted silver ellipse,  Cari-Jane Hakes, September 2011
I have to say, production has been high here in the Hybrid Handmade House.  I have been clearing the decks because I feel another 'epic' project is upon me.  There are some hunks of labradorite which need to be woven into a miniature symphony of silver and myth.  I'm throwing in a few eskimos for good measure too.  All will become clear mes amis!  Until then - a bientôt.

4 comments:

  1. cari, that teal is gorgeous. what i really love about this piece is it's dimension. wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That teal is beyond amazing.... it reminds me of a locket I used to own that had a celtic theme with a teal glazed look. I was so in love with it... and then I lost it off the chain while out one day. It was heartbreaking. :( But this piece really is beautiful! Sea Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like I like.....so nice to be back and see what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...