Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Last 5 Pins on Pinterest.

Over on the Pinterest blog they USED to do a feature where they interviewed a 'pinner' and asked them to talk about their last 5 pins.  Now it seems that the lovely Pinterest people are shifting their attention to 'trends'.  I have noticed a fair few myself.  I am more than slightly alarmed to see a constant focus on Halloween.  I have to say, this is far far far from my thoughts!  And so in an attempt to combat the rising tide of pumpkin and all things witchy I give you....my last five pins on Pinterest!



I have to say, I have more than a passing interest in graffiti and street art.  The good stuff.  The stuff that is beautiful, graphic or shouts out a relevant and thought provoking protest to the passing world.  I blame the fascination on my misspent youth between the covers of a book.

How wonderful and brilliant and fascinating is this moss graffiti?  I may just have to have a go at this.



This little ensemble caught my eye (although I almost 'unpinned' it when I realised it was from 'Pottery Barn' and not some lovely little re-found and recycled treasure from a quaint European flee market).




I'm a big fan of the work of Mary Burrows.  I have featured her before in an earlier post (see here).  She picks great pithy, thoughtful quotes for her wall plaques.  You can find out more about her work over in her Etsy shop mbartstudios.



This dress stopped me in my tracks.  I began thinking about all the necklaces I could design to go with it.  Sigh.



My last pin is the view from Georges Clemenceau's house, which is in the next village from me.  He was the Prime Minister of France from 1906 - 1909 and then again from 1917 - 1920.  I went on a tour of the house when I was a fairly new to France.  It left a big impression on me.  It is a simple, humble little house where Clemenceau was happy to entertain various dignitaries and important political figures.  He was friends with Claude Monet who helped him devise a natural, beach inspired garden.

The house has a rawness to it.  There is nothing grand or polished about it.  Nothing that hints at Clemenceau's political position or achievements.  It is quiet and unassuming.  My visits there rest softly in my mind and have cast their net into various corners of my home and garden here.

You can find out more about the house here.

2 comments:

  1. nice post ! I need to do the same thing one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mada, I love Pinterest! And I love how all the pins tell a story which is why I do this post every now and again. I 'get' Pinterest so much more than I 'get' twitter!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...