Friday, August 26, 2011

A Fabulous Friday Feeling

Following on from yesterday, here is the second necklace in the series.

Run Free, August 2011, Cari-Jane Hakes
Once, when I was out running round the tracks between the fields that surround our home in France I startled a hare.  It was the first one I had seen in broad daylight.  It scampered and zig zaged, springing away from me, stopping, panicking perhaps and then bounding through the air and light and red poppies until there was a good half field length separating us.

Run Free, The Hare, August 2011, Cari-Jane Hakes
I am a little envious of that hare.  It runs with a body built precisely to do just this -  run fast and free.  I on the other hand, struggle with a slight misalignment that hinders my speed and distance.  I do not run as free as that hare.

Run Free, detail on back of necklace, August 2011, Cari-Jane Hakes
This necklace is inspired by more than just this though - for in other areas of my life I feel as if I do indeed 'run free'.  Freedom of expression and freedom of thought.  It is a freedom I value, treasure and am thankful for every day.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...