Thursday, July 21, 2011

Summer School at Morley College - Day 4

I like to make pieces in pairs, or more.  By working in series there can be 'dialogue' between the pieces.  Ideas become expanded or contracted.  Distilled or elaborated upon.  Today a did a bit of elaborating and expanding.

I took a surf smoothed pebble and turned it into 'cloud'.  A simple fine silver bezel (seen here as work in progress, the edge of this setting still has some way to go).

'Cover From the Sky 2', Cari-Jane Hakes, July 2011

I added the 'rain' and gave it some extra sparkle.

'Cover From The Sky 2' detail, Cari-Jane Hakes, July 2011
The workshop was humming today.  I've finally got used to its layout and move easily between my bench, the soldering stations and the pickle tank.  I started braching out, began some etching, experimented with texturing and started using the hydraulic press.

'Cover From The Sky' series, Cari-Jane Hakes, July 2011
Elsewhere today I discovered a new texture!  I think I love it almost as much as my beloved leaf texture. More on that tomorrow.

Bonne Nuit mes amis!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, these two pieces definitely have a dialogue. I love the way that line flows from the white piece to the black. Can't wait to see the finished product....a pendant, I assume. Both are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. prodigious....that is the word I was looking for.prodigious talent, constantly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Fleur and Andrea! It has been a good week so far, last day today. I will be sad when it is over :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...