Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summer School at Morley College, Day 3

We are all in full flow now, my fellow students and I.  After watching demonstrations and experimenting, the first finished pieces are beginning to emerge from our collective sifted thought processes.  There is a quiet, concentrated effort occurring at every bench space; interspersed with a gregarious banter that I am enjoying more than I should!  I believe this probably has something to do with the fact that the banter is in my mother tongue and I don't have to go through a series of mental gymnastics before uttering a sentence.

I took those 'maps' from yesterday and turned them into 'elevations' of sorts.  Inspired by the Deacon Blue song 'Cover From The Sky' (a good Glaswegian pop group if there ever was) I took a beach pebble and turned it into a stormy cloud.

'Cover From The Sky', pendant, Cari-Jane Hakes, July 2011
Is it a coincidence that it seems like it hasn't stopped raining since I arrived in London?

3 comments:

  1. Oh that is really beautiful. I like it! Mrs L x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cool piece! Really unique. Sea Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmmmmmmmmm.....that was my reaction..out loud. love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...