Friday, July 22, 2011

A Fabulous Friday Feeling

Well, if I'm honest, it wasn't so fabulous as I felt the end of my time at Morley College Summer School.  I had raw minutes of time left in a well equipped workshop.  I felt the limits on my time and my creativity.  That said, in those closing hours I shifted a fair amount of work.  Enough base material to get me through the autumn.  In those pressured moments you throw caution to the wind, you stop musing and pondering and wondering and just have to DO!

And so, without further ado, my new favourite texture:

Frayed Fabric Texture, Cari-Jane Hakes, July 2011
Who knew open weave fabric could look so good on silver?  Just beautiful, and I haven't even panitanted it yet (the process whereby I artificially blacken the silver and then knock it back so that the darkness just rests in the creases and crevices).

Frayed Fabric Texture Edge, Cari-Jane Hakes, July 2011
Conceptually I feel this is a very strong direction.  I'm still working out the finer details, but you'll all be the first to know when I do.

I'm steadying myself for the next few weeks.  They look like they may be a little testing.  A little stormy perhaps.  However, I'm dropping my anchor and I'm going to hold steady and weather this one as I've done with many before!

Onwards and Upwards mes amis!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...