Thursday, June 30, 2011

When good is just not good enough.

The manifesto ring is done, but it's not done. It's not right. Something about it is just not right. The leaf print was perfect but the gauge of the silver was too thin. As I mentioned before, I skimped because it was for me. Big Mistake. The base plate is the foundation for everything else. If the base plate is not strong and straight and pure it throws everything else off.


That said, the ring has some beautiful moments. It has a good side which I have photographed. It will be re-visited. It will be re-made. Not today, not tommorrow, but some day.

1 comment:

  1. What a bummer. I guess that that comes with the territory some times - like potters, the process and the outcome are not always perfectly in sync. HOWEVER, from where I am sitting, it still looks very beautiful.

    p.s wish I could show Mr. Rugby my pieces. I hate to think of them tucked away for so long.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...