Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's Officially Summer.

I know this to be so, for a few days ago the sunflowers in the field behind my garden wall were rehearsing.  A few began to open and turn their heads with the movement of the sun.

Macro, field, 21 June 2011, Cari-Jane Hakes
It is rather entertaining to see that a few are still yet to get the hang of the routine.  They are a little confused,  facing in the opposite direction, metephorically pirouetting left when the others are turning right.  I'm sure they will catch up soon enough.

Micro, Lichen, 21 June 2011, Cari-Jane Hakes
On the micro scale - the amazing world that is lichen.

Micro - Lichen, 21 June 2011, Cari-Jane Hakes
Isn't it just the most bizarre stuff?

4 comments:

  1. If you have seen my 'fresh country air' board on pinterest you will know my fascination with all things funghi (still need that macro lens), but this warrants a new fascination......if you don't mind me pinning away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cari-Jane!
    I want to give you a Versatile Blogger award... sort of an appreciation for the range of marvelous things you get up to and post about. Check out the details in my blog post http://sketchingafaceinthecrowd.blogspot.com/2011/06/versatile-blogger.html
    It is always a pleasure to visit your blog and read and see what creations and fascinations have been on your mind.
    Thanks,
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma! Thank you so much! I am doing very well on the 'Versatile Blogger' front. I was lucky enough to receive one last month (I wrote about it on May 30th). I will see if I can come up with 10 things (to add to the 7 I wrote about in May). It was hard thinking up 7. I reckon I can rise to the challenge though! Once again - thank you for nominating me. I'm so glad you are still dropping in here. Have you signed up for the new sketchbook project?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo.. wonderful. That is because you are a most versatile blogger! I love that in one visit I can see some amazing photos, read about the coolest shoes I think I have ever seen and be amazed at the lasted gems coming from your work bench. And prolific...it is clear now I haven't managed to keep up to date. I'll have to hunt down the 7 you wrote about in May...looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...