Thursday, May 12, 2011

Inappropriate workshop attire and other stories

I wore a string of vintage pearls today.



I had them tucked in safely behind my workshop apron.  They are perfectly graded in minute increments from 7mm on the drop to 3.5mm at the nape.

They belonged to my Grandmother.  When she passed on they were passed on to me.

They are a rosary of memories.

Elsewhere today I enjoyed considering, along with JR (a semi-anonymous French street artist), whether Art can change the world.



I have signed up for his Inside Out project.  Now all I need to do is figure out where I'm going to paste my picture!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you wear the pearls to remember your Grandmother! I also think that art does inspire the world. I think it creates energy and inspires people to ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelley - thanks for taking the time to comment. I particularly liked the bit in the film when he is is talking about how the Art he creates creates this discussion, questions and debate - and it means that in these countries, for a little while, they aren't just thinking about where their next meal is coming from. Art takes you our of the everyday and makes you see things differently.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...